Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cold Case

     Cold Case by Julia Platt Leonard is a mystery novel for middle-school kids. When Oz's brother is accused of murder, and Oz is told the terrible truth about his father, he and his best friend, Rusty, investigate to find out the truth that links the present to the past.

     This was a nice, easy read. There wasn't anything special about the book, but it was nicely written and a good plot line. I figured out who the culprit was with a third of the book left to go, but there were some loose ends I couldn't figure out that were cleared up at the end. For her first novel, Julia Leonard has a good start. If I ever feel like it, and if she ever releases new novels, I wouldn't be against reading them.




      One of the goals for this blog is to provide information for parents and readers alike to find 'clean' reads suitable for their children or themselves. In all my reviews I will mention general themes from the book, language, sexual/romantic interaction, and violence.

     Themes:
Murder, mystery, detective

       Language:
None, but if I am remembering correctly there were a few instances of taking the Lord's name in vain.

       Sexual/Romantic Interaction
None.

       Violence
Murder, some gun violence, dog attack, kidnapping

      I would give Cold Case a rating of mild PG


      On a scale of 1 to 5 (1 = horrible, 2 = OK, 3 = I liked it, 4 = I really liked it, 5 = I loved it), I would give Cold Case a 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment