Wednesday, August 28, 2013

School Year Reads

     School has started back for many, and I thought it would be a good time to share the books I am, or will be, reading for school this year. From Textbooks, to Classics, Fiction, and Nonfiction, here are my school year reads:

In the category of Theology, we have:
  • What the Old Testament Authors Really Cared About edited by Jason S. DeRouchie
  • Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis
  • Jesus Among Other Gods by Ravi Zacharias
  • The Bible (of course!)
In the category of World history, we have:
  • The Discoverers by Daniel Boorstin
In the category of Ancient Literature, we have:
  • Theogonoy by Hesiod
  • The Iliad by Homer
  • The Odyssey by Homer
  • The Aeneid by Virgil
  • Oedipus Rex by Sophocles
  • Heroes of the City of Man by Peter Leithart (Companion study guide)
An I will also be studying Physics, Advanced Math, and doing some Latin Translations. I can't wait to share with you what I think of the books I will be reading. On some I will be writing papers/speeches and I also plan to share those. Hopefully I will still be able to get some leisure reading completed over the school year!

I have finished reading Theogonoy, have begun reading The Discoverers, and am working through What The Old Testament Authors Really Cared About, and Heroes of the City of Man. Post on Theogonoy will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment