Sunday, October 13, 2013

Blogtober #11 - The Little Prince

     Remember #9 from Blogtober? I mentioned the deluxe package of The Little Prince, but how I passed on purchasing it. Well, today I bought it :) I had a five dollar coupon, and saved two dollars with my Books-A-Million members card, so what was originally twenty-five dollars, I got for nineteen! (A dollar and eight cents tax? Why are books so expensive ): ) That and I had my paycheck and I budgeted buying the deluxe package with it :D

     I am so happy I got it! Having Viggo Mortensen read to me is so amazing. I read the book last year and loved it, and have been wanting to purchase it ever since (but for some reason BAM only had this freak-ish graphic novel adaptation...). But when I saw this, I knew I had to get it as soon as possible. When I read it I only had tears when I finished the book. But driving home and listening to it, I had tears. It's such a beautiful, depressing but magical story, and if you haven't read it, you really really really really really really need to.

     And with my excitement comes photo taking! Without further ado, here is my deluxe edition of The Little Prince!

 

 
     Not only do I have a beautiful hard bound copy of The Little Prince,  I also have an audio tape of the story read my Viggo Mortensen, and both will be treasured for a very long time <3
 
 
 
 
 
     This is why I purchase books, because they will be treasured by me for my entire life, and hopefully will be treasured by my children and their children. Books are a legacy, and I wish more young people would realize that. Books are an investment, not a hobby.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment