Friday, October 11, 2013

Blogtober #9 - Bookstores

I love browsing in a bookstore. You never really know what you will find, or what you will come out with. I love the smell when you walk into a used book store. Those are adventures. New books stores are fun to explore too, but you almost always know what to expect to see in those.

Last night I spent almost two hours browsing in Books-A-Million. My favorite places to browse in the store is, of course, the clearance/bargain bookshelves. Especially when they have $2-$3 classics (what can I say, I have a growing love for classics). I have to force myself not to buy every single classic they have on clearance when I go in.

While also looking through the clearance section I found this beautiful family tree book, where you could insert the information for your family. It was ten dollars, and I was highly tempted to purchase it, but I had gone in with the goal of not buying anything for myself. I had to get a gift for a friend :)

After looking at every single book on clearance I made my way down the rows. I found this deluxe edition of the Little Prince, with an audio version read my Viggo Mortensen! I was super tempted to buy that, but it was $25 dollars (hint hint for someone to get it for me! I would love to listen to Viggo Mortensen read The Little Prince to me!). When I finished pouting over not being able to buy the deluxe edition of The Little Prince, I moved on. I love the covers they have for the new editions of the Harry Potter series (Although the original will always be my favorite. Have seen you seen them? Order of the Phoenix is my favorite from the 15th anniversary editions!)

I continued making my way down the rows (Man, the release of House of Hades by Rick Riorden wiped out all the Percy Jackson books! It was just a big empty shelf!). I finally made my way to the manga section and began browsing those books. I wish our library had a better selection of manga, I would like to expand my 'Have Read' area in the manga genre after reading four volumes of Bakuman. :)

Hope you enjoyed hearing my newest book adventure! I am still yearning after that deluxe edition of The Little Prince. Gaaaah, I need to budget that into my budget for next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment