Friday, October 4, 2013

Blogtober #4 - Bakuman, Epic, and NaNoWrMo

Today has been a long day. I had work and then ended up running many different errands. But it wasn't a bad day, so that is good.

I ended up reading a manga by the title Bakuman (actually, the second book in the series). I am really enjoying it so far, and recommend it. From the men who brought you Death Note, check out Bakuman :)

I also watched the movie Epic today, and really enjoyed it! It's one I would like to own for myself. I love the relationship Ronin and Tara ha(ve)d. I felt like Nod and MK's relationship needed a lot more developing, but it was full of potential. I really enjoyed the plot line, and it reminded me a lot of an old childhood favorite, Fern Gully. Not to mention the soundtrack for Epic is epic ;)

I decided to end my night by looking through old story ideas and see if I could find one I would like to work on for NaNoWrMo...well, I didn't realize how many notebooks I had filled with short stories or snippets of story ideas...Many of them are really silly now...but I've seen a couple with potential to work on. For the rest of the month I want to flesh out the ones I pick and decide which one I would like to use for my NaNoWrMo topic. I mostly wish to participate in NaNoWrMo because I want to get back into my creative writing and writing in general :) That and I have always wanted to say I have written a novel (or maybe just be able to say I at least made it a week into NaNoWrMo. xD)...we'll see how this goes. It takes a lot of dedication, so it is not a task for the undetermined (Which I might be... dunno, like I said, we will see how this goes.)

Hopefully we will begin to have some better posts in the coming week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment